Halloween Fun

Something really scary happened to me last week, my computer hard drive started to fail. First I had the desktop with no icons, then heard the lawn mower sound coming from the tower. My computer was seven years old, an old timer in terms of technology. The biggest problem is that I was so attached to it. I had stuff on there from way back when. When it came time to copy only the most important files for transfer I became anxious....what if I still need that paper I wrote from five years ago? I am a person who hates clutter but will admit that I have hoarded and saved many useless documents over the years. After coming to terms with my loss, I laid it to rest and adopted a new computer. This new one does more tricks and has more energy (memory) and will not chew up the disks I put into it. I am still teaching it my favorite applications and hope it never megabytes me....sorry!!

Comments

I think I'm going to "encourage" everyone to listen to my eDocs podcast - I was planning to do this when I posted the next podcast but your post is convincing me that it's a good idea. If you haven't played with your eDocs account, you might find it to be useful. In the most simple terms, it's 1 gig of storage space that we back up so your data should be safe. Your paying for it with your fees so it's "free" to you as a student.
Dan B said…
I've already taken advantage of Edocs to back up my computer's entire UIS course files. It's easy to do with the advanced upload feature, which after the Java plugin loads, opens up its own window. Then all you have to do is move folders & files with your mouse from Windows Explorer into the upload window. The advanced upload is probably a ftp (file transfer protocol) which is much faster than regular uploads.

Popular Posts